At Bear Valley Church, you can find inspiration, teaching, encouragement and experience meaningful connections to God and other people. You will be shaped as a believer through these relationships.
Membership is meaningful – our members own the church facility, operate the ministries, vote and help make important decisions for the church, carrying out missions at home and around the world.
Our pastors lead and equip the people of BVC, and our members use their gifts, talents and skills to make a difference everywhere in the world.
- Attend Sunday services regularly as you are able. We understand travel, weather and illness will prevent attendence from time to time.
- Connect with a small group, Sunday class or participate in a ministry. It’s vital that our members know and connect with other people at BVC.
- Support the church financially as God leads you and in a way that honors God.
- Discover your spiritual gifts, talents and skills and use them somewhere in the church, in our local community or in world-wide missions!
When you're ready to consider membership, let us know by joining our staff at the next monthly Compass 101 class.
Remaining dates for 2015 are:
- Nov 8 – 9:30 AM
- Nov 22 – 11:00 AM
- Dec 6 – 9:30 AM
When you attend a Compass 101 class to learn more about Bear Valley Church and membership, we'll ask just two questions:
- Are you a “born again” believer with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
- Have you been baptized (by immersion) as a believer? Baptism in our church IS the public profession of your faith. It is your day to say to the world: “I have become a follower of Jesus Christ.” We baptize by immersion, giving adults and children (who are old enough to understand the commitment they are making) an opportunity to follow Jesus in this ancient rite. The purpose is to demonstrate visually what has happened spiritually – we have been buried with Christ in His death and raised with Him to newness of life (Romans 6:3-14).
If the answer to either of these questions is "no", it's okay. We can walk you through those steps when you're ready.