HOW CAN I BECOME A MEMBER AT BEAR VALLEY CHURCH?
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE
Complete the questionnaire, which gives you an opportunity to read or review Bear Valley Church’s statement of faith and answer a few questions regarding your faith journey (such as your salvation and baptism) and your experience in the local church. This questionnaire will let us get to know you a little more before you attend one of our Next Steps classes, and it will answer questions related to the two basic requirements of membership at Bear Valley:
- Profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (click here to learn how you can enter into a personal relationship with God through Jesus)
- Baptism by immersion subsequent to your profession of faith (click here to learn more about becoming baptized)
STEP 2: ATTEND A NEXT STEPS CLASS
Our Next Steps class is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about Bear Valley Church. In this one-hour class you will hear more about who we are, where we are going, what we believe and value, and how you can become a member of Bear Valley. Our Next Steps class will provide you with a clear guide for getting connected in a more meaningful way at BVC.
Next Class Scheduled:
Sunday, November 8th at 9:30am or 11:00am.
If you are interested in participating in an upcoming Next Steps Class, then please click here to sign up!
STEP 3: COMMIT TO THE MEMBERSHIP COVENANT
As members of Bear Valley Church, we partner together to serve and work in unity towards fulfilling the mission and purpose of the church. We are committed to a shared covenant of responsibilities as they relate to our lives as followers of Jesus and our interactions with those who are followers of Jesus and those who are not yet followers of Jesus. The final step of membership is to agree to partner together on mission with us through committing to abide by the membership covenant. (Note: the membership covenant is discussed during the Next Steps class)
WAYS TO JOIN BEAR VALLEY
- Testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and baptism by this church
- Transfer of membership from another church of similar faith and practice
- Testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and your previous baptism by immersion subsequent to your profession of faith
Feel free to email Jenn Beckett with any questions.